Technical Readiness Assessment
Assessment/ Design/ Gap Analysis
Disaster Recovery 'implementations' are perceived to be a costly exercise, with little or no return.
The 'DR' equipment and DR site sits in a lights out and unused mode? Right?
CD-DataHouse Limited provides deep level Disaster Recovery expertise to undertake an assessment of:
- Your existing Production Storage Systems
- Your Applications
- Application Usage patterns
- Batch and Transactional I/O utilisation
- Peak Hourly, Daily, Weekly and Monthly usage of data and Applications
We then discuss your:
- RPO - Recovery Point Objectives - ie How much data can be lost
- RTO - Recovery Time Objectives - ie How soon do your Applications need to be online
From here, a map of RPO and RTO by Application, by Department/User type and other parameters can be developed.
This allows a full assessment of:
- What is 'possible' in the context of your current Storage, Tape, Data and Network (WAN) infrastructure
- What small additions could be made that could provide significant DR leverage
- How your business would obtain the greatest level of return for the least investment
We highlight how other CD-DataHouse clients use their DR sites as 'active' data centres, where the remote data and systems are used for activities such as development, management reporting, etc.
A Roadmap for extended DR capabilities will be created, with budgetary pricing, allowing you to understand the Returns and Investment strategies that might follow over an 18-24 month period.