CommVaults recent updates have introduced new and useful features into the Simpana 10 family.
Any VMware VM backed up can now be directly restored into Hyper V.
Better Still – This is a reversable process – Hyper_v VM’s can be restored into VMware
Here are some use cases we can see:
- Your Production environment is VMware, but for cost or other reasons you have a range of existing Hyper-V server
- The Dev team can use Simpana to create their Hyper-V VM’s from VMware
- Disaster Recovery
- You might have VMware running in production at your Head Office Data centre, but the branch offices use Hyper-V
- Your branch offices are backed up across the WAN the HeadOffice
- You can now DR, restore and run those Branch Office Hyper-V VM’s back at Head-Office