BakBone Software (NASDAQ: BKBO) is an international storage management software company that develops and globally distributes software solutions to the network storage and open systems markets. BakBone’s suite of near-line archival, continuous real-time data replication and backup/restore software provides scalable data protection from the workgroup to the enterprise. BakBone’s products are utilized by companies for clients such as Shell, Sony, Bellsouth, Mitsubishi Motors, AT&T, IBM, Daimler Chrysler, Toyota and Los Alamos Laboratories.
BakBone’s strategy encompasses a data-centric approach to integrating data protection, centralizing policy management and managing organizations’ messaging infrastructure to optimize performance, increase data availability and improve corporate compliance.
BakBone was launched in 2000 with software technology originally developed by AT&T Bell Labs in the United Kingdom. Today, BakBone is a leading provider of Universal Data Management solutions which provide a data-centric approach to data protection, policy management and message management.
BakBone products are used by a range of businesses, including global Fortune 1000 corporations and domestic and international government entities. These scalable solutions are distributed through a worldwide network of select OEM partners, strategic partners, resellers and solution providers. BakBone is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
• Datamation Product of the Year for Virtualization Software – 2009
• Storage magazine Product of the Year finalist – 2009
• SNS Achievements in Technology Awards, Enterprise Project of the Year – 2008
• VARBusiness Tech Innovator Company of the Year, Storage category – 2008
• The Storries Awards – Backup Software Product of the Year – 2008
• DoSTOR’s Backup and Recovery Software Product of the Year – 2008
• American Electronics Association (AeA) San Diego High Tech Awards finalist – 2007
• Storage Replication Product of the Year – 2007