What is a Backup Solution – It’s the combination of ‘Technology’ blended with a perfect ‘Price Point’ – and here Unitrends is ahead of the game.
To this end, Unitrends have released new pricing models for 2013.
Receive an Instant Unitrends Quote
Follow the Quote Button and provide a few details. We will be back to you in 24 Hours or Less.Unitrends Quote
- This is purely based on the Physical Terabyte capacity residing in the Appliance you select.
- Agent deployment is then unlimited –
- Backup as many servers, ESX or Hyper V hosts as you like
- until you fill up the backup appliance.
- Of course the Data in your appliance is compressed and DeDuped
- As such 4TB of Physical Disk might hold 6-8TB of backup
Second: The Unitrends Software Appliance has two pricing models
The First Model
- Per Terabyte Capacity based on the Uncompressed Source Data of the Physical Servers and VMware/Hyper V hosts you choose to backup
- As you deploy the Software appliance on your hardware, you can add as much Physical Disk (internal, JBOD, SAN, NFS, Raw Disk Mapped, or Virtualised VMDK/VHD’s)
- The Capacity License then allows you to keep AS MUCH retained data as you like.
- If you are backing up 6TB of Source Data, and over 3 months that results in 20TB of backups and backup retention – that’s fine – keep going!!
The Second Model
- Per Server (for Physical) and Per Socket (for Hyper Visors) being backed up
- This is a the traditional way dozens of other backup companies price their backup.
- You end up paying not only ‘per Server’, but also additionally for ‘Database’ agent functionality.
Which Unitrends Price model is best:
- With dozens of Servers, and a few Terabyte to backup , in a mixed Virtual / Physical Environment, the Capacity model normally proves the most cost effective
- When backing up a pure Virtual environment, the socket license, has so far, proved most cost effective for the typical SMB customer (ie usually a VMware Essentials Plus, 6 socket license, with 3-6TB of data)
- If you environment is not 100% virtualised, we would suggest a tailored quote to compare the various models
Its this sort of flexibility that allows us to define Unitrends not only as a ‘technology’, but a ‘solution’ – a much abused word – but one in our dictionary meaning the perfect blend of technology AND price to solve a problem.